Monday, October 26, 2009

Rotating

Swedes undoubtedly do love rotating things be it roundabouts or rotating doors. They are everywhere and they are building more and more of them. I don’t know whether they do any good but rotating doors are annoying. So are the roundabouts.

I haven’t noticed that many in Stockholm where I live at the moment. I guess the reason is that the city was built long before the trend has started and there’s just no space to build the new ones. But there’s always some space to put yet another rotating door in.

When it comes to less inhabited places like Haparanda, Swedes do go wild and Finns are trying not to stay behind. I haven’t noticed that many rotating doors there but roundabouts are everywhere!

Let’s say you’re driving from Kemi, Finland to Kalix, Sweden. When you cross the border you have to go through 6 (six!) roundabouts within 5 (five!) minutes! Check out yourself if you don’t believe me. And look at the number of roundabouts around those six. I’ve instantly spotted six more.

Insane! Do they really like to rotate that much?

No comments: