Monday, November 02, 2009

Swedish Football Fans

On my way home from Ramblas (a good restaurant that even my Spanish friend approves) where I went to have some Spanish beer and tapas with Javier and Sergio, I stumbled across a cheering crowd that I decided to follow. What the hell was that I found out later on today while reading The Local, AIK defeated IFK, though it was pretty clear from the beginning. They took off at Solna and so did I.





It was a typical crowd of cheering football fans and it seemed to be insane. People were literally climbing up the moving stairway. Everybody went out and walked into the nearest shopping mall. Then I realized that something is wrong with them. And the missing thing was... violence! Really! Where are all the broken windows and wrecked cars?




The biggest damage done that I've noticed was a bunch of stolen bananas from a supermarket on the way there and one overturned chair of a coffee house! Seriously! Even though there was no police around to stop them. The crowd just climbed some kind of stage inside the mall, cheered for awhile and then peacefully went home. Where are all the fights? Where's the drama? Damn Swedes, can't even have fun properly!

No comments: