Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Teamwork Sucks. Sometimes.

I couldn't believe my eyes when teacher showed us presentations timetable in which each person was assigned with a separate time to hold a project presentation. "Do we have to make separate presentations?" I asked the teacher. "Yes, you do" he answered. Then I couldn't believe my ears but it was true. What about the team work? Team spirit? This is something they praise so much in this school. "Lerning by doing" is considered the most efficient method and the "doing" part is supposed to be done in teams and everybody's graded on everybody's performance and everybody is learning and everybody is happy.

But not this time. And I'm quite happy about it. I'd prefer to be graded for my skills and my own contribution as there are freeriders and they will always be. I know it will be different in real working life when work is carried out in teams but the level of teammates' skills will be surely way higher than here in school. Sometimes it seems that most of the students aren't that interested but I doubt that non-interested person will pursue a career in the field he's not interested or not good in. I'm really wondering sometimes why did they even start studying here. But it's their business. Not mine. But why should I suffer?

No comments: