Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Compiz Fusion

I am not a fan of eye candy and my relatively old computer isn't either so I didn't bother to install it earlier. I don't get any kicks out of using bleeding edge software but when it's available in the official distribution repository why not to try it? So I did. I've been making some screenshots of Compiz earlier which can be found here. And here are some of the nice features you get using Compiz Fusion.

 (450x360, 102Kb)

You can switch between the windows this way.


 (450x360, 67Kb)

Or this way. Or in many other ways available.


 (450x360, 59Kb)

The cube can be made transparent with its reflection beneath.

It's useless to take screenshots of other effects. They should be seen live or at least on video. On YouTube there are plenty of such videos.

No comments: