Monday, October 29, 2007

Can It Get Even Worse? Surely It Can!

Today I told my mum that I’m sick of my job and I’m thinking about quitting and turning into a sponger for awhile until a better opportunity will crop up but she told me really bad news. I think this is the worst one I was ever told. Nobody ever died in my family except my great-grandmother when I was seven which I don’t remember that well and my father’s aunt last spring which I wasn’t close to at all. And my mum told me that doctors suspect she has cancer and asked me not to quit this job until I have another one because it’s gonna take hell a lot of money and being a sponger is not an option right now. I was driving home from work and I couldn’t stop tears coming. I started to really fear for her and I still do. She’s gonna know for sure on the 6th of November. I hope everything is gonna be alright with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope too :(

Anonymous said...

Я тоже надеюсь,что это все лишь подозрение....

Andrei Neculau said...

heads up!

ps: what is ur job by the way?

Dmitry said...

Andrie, nothing to do with IT as I wish it could be. Well, I made the company's website and sometimes I refill the printers. Last week I've been going around Lapland by truck picking car accumulators for recycling and today I've been just brushing the warehouse what actually made me so pissed and want to quit. Sometimes I paint something, sometimes I wash and polish cars. Just a general worker. And I hate it. Last summer I've been working in Optical Measurements Laboratory for free to get experience, training credits and because I was promised to be offered a normal job there, not just some training, but today I finally got a response telling me that they have no job for me before February 2008 when they will have some new projects. I have some other options I would try to pursue. Probably I'm gonna blog about the situation as soon as I get all the thoughts together.