Thursday, October 25, 2007

Easy Geotagging

This week I'm going around Lapland with a truck, GPS-navigator and Seppo picking old car accumulators which we put in special containers and send to Germany for recycling. I've been going around, watching landscapes, maps on GPS-navigator and thinking a lot cause it's the only useful to do while going from one place to another as it takes most of the time. I was thinking it would be nice to have a camera with me as there's really something to take pictures of. It might be boring but still picturesque. Omg, I know such a word! And I was thinking about geotagging, placing the pictures on map where they've been taken, particularly about that on on Flickr. And I was thinking that using a GPS-navigator I can put them on a map quite precisely. And suddenly a wonderful idea came to me!

Alex has a camera with Wi-Fi which is quite useless. He never uses Wi-Fi. Why not to make a camera with GPS? I would surely use it. It could store coordinates in EXIF and services like Flickr could place the photos on a map automatically. Travelers would love it. I guess. At least I would love it for sure. Make the community love the product or create a community around it and it will be successful. You can easily keep track of places you've visited and remember what you've seen there.

I shared the idea with Ruxi. She needs something for Business Enterprise Project. I hope when she's gonna go to Hawaii she's gonna take me with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are the SpiderSmart one! of course I'll take you to Hawaii. we can learn how to surf! that would be so wonderfully pretty :D