Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Complaints

I'm completely stuck with the board I'm working with, microcontroller's internal oscillator, serial interface with RFID scanner connected to it and external memory interface with LCD display. It's either scanner or display because if I make oscillator frequency 1 MHz the serial interface error rate for the baud rate I need is too high and 8 MHz is just the right frequency for the serial interface but LCD is too slow for that and doesn't work at all, even with the wait state enabled. And the problem is that I need them both! And the worst thing is that in response to my questions I was just sent to read the fucking data sheet with my questions remaining unanswered. I hate such method of teaching. I agree that it's good to figure out stuff yourself without getting ready solutions but there should be a certain limit for that. I don't want to give up but I doubt that I'm gonna figure out some solution myself this time.

No comments: